An advice for Randomcraft

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Obi, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Obi

Obi Admin
    Admin

Hey
    I have a small advice for Ben and the other owners.
    So pretty much everyone knows that everything currently on the server is not original and bought.
    Now for Ben, it's understandable that he may not have enough time to recreate something original and he is probably not that motivated to, But I believe that proxorr and boom are not capable of creating a fully functional server from scratch so that's probably why people didn't extremely hate pre-made servers do far (no offense to you guys).
    Now my advice is, Get someone who is better at making original servers, From the people that are wanting to help.
    Randomcraft is in a bad state server side, and it's ridiculous if you say that you don't trust people to help creating something original. Because there is nothing to lose, I know few people that are capable of making decent things that can change the future of rc.
    But it's sad that we see you (all owners) Being so overprotective over something that has no value.
    Just an example of what I mean, During beta the NCP config were horrible, I gave proxorr a custom config .yml file to use, And he said that he doesn't trust me and he won't use it. Now maybe he's right about not trusting me, But it shows how he has absolutely no knowledge when it comes to this game based on that statement. He can't trust a config.yml file? You get my point, He doesn't even know that a yml file can't be infected nor even cared about my offer
    My point is, If you guys can't create something original, Get someone to do it. Some people would do it for free.
    There is nothing to lose, The server has nothing worth in it yet.
    Don't be so stubborn, the server is barely getting 10 players online at a time, Especially you @Proxorr, I've heard that you've been basically bullying people just because they want to help.
    It's okay to accept help guys, Especially when people with more experience than most of you are playing on the network.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Chief_Sunboyz

Chief_Sunboyz New Member

Chief_Sunboyz
    Agree - Accepting help where you need it is ok, especially when a lot of staff don't know what a config.yml is apparently (LOL). I'm still puzzled why Obi isn't staff on rc, I'm pretty sure the rc prison that I spent 100s of hours on was made by him. Also if you use pre-made servers, at least try to either hide it or something? I mean it's not that hard to DM someone on MCMarket and ask to make a server for an ok amount of money for a whole server (~$50-200).

Plus the fact that RC only has 10 players on at any certain time - no harm can really be done if the community helps make something for you. I'm sure the old manager system on rc proved that electing people on the staff team to make a server without any insight is a bad idea *cough* skyblock *cough*.

One more thing, @Obi I'm pretty sure RC didn't use NCP on beta week. They used Reflex on sb and AAC on prison. (/reflex & /aac)

3. Obi

Obi Admin
    Admin

Trust me they had NCP

4. Chief_Sunboyz

Chief_Sunboyz New Member

Chief_Sunboyz
    No they had Reflex and AAC, I did /reflex and /aac - /reflex came out as Reflex's version and such. /aac came out with a bugged no perms message. (So the unknown command message without any colors) - that's just for skyblock and prison though, idk about the others

5. Obi

Obi Admin
    Admin

they also had NCP. Ben said it himself too.
    Not the point of the thread tho

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ben1122a

ben1122a Owner
    Owner

ben1122a_
    Didn't really want to reply to this thread but I suppose I will address your points.

1. for the config.yml business, none of our servers use NCP anymore. During beta week the anticheat was in a testing mode as I was trying to figure out what would be best to use. The NCP config that we were using at that point was already configured by someone with a deep understand of ncp, which would be why we (or I, at least) would not have really wanted yours.

2. I understand that you think there is nothing to lose. However, if we begin to let people have access to the RC files, servers, etc, at this early of a point, there is no telling who might do what, and what might happen down the line. For instance, we could give someone access now (when, as you say, there is nothing worth protecting), and maybe they install something that gives them permanent access they shouldn't have. Now, if the server does manage to grow and become big again, this person will have unwarranted access and be able to destroy our server when it would be worth protecting at this point. We are not against community members helping us out, but we are being very restrictive with who has access to what, and with what we put on the servers at this point.

3. To say that proxorr doesn't "know" what a config.yml file is would be incorrect, I believe that you are letting your feelings about him bias your opinion on how he is as an owner. Obviously there is something going on between the two of you, but to essentially call him dumb will not help the situation.

4. to say that the server "is not original" is incorrect, sorry. I will admit that we used premade servers as a baseline. This is because we found a very good creator who did quality work. However, we did not simply drag and drop these premade servers and then turn RC on, we edited them extensively, from adding and removing plugins, to changing menus, and even completely redoing sections to change the gameplay. Survival did not have towny at first, and many of the features that people have praised in the Survival server were custom made by me. So to say that "everything is bought" is incorrect. We used a premade server to get quality builds that we would not have been able to make on our own, and to give us a strong baseline to build on top of to provide our players with the best experience possible. If you think that old RC was more original than the one we have built, you would be mistaken, as alter would commonly use premade servers, and just turn them on without modifying them at all due to time constraints and IRL stuff on his part. I would argue that each of our servers has been shown more love than the majority of the servers from old RC.

5. If you want to help, you can reach out to me with your suggestions. That is why we have a server suggestion and bug report forum section and discord channels, so that you guys can help. As I said before, we are very wary of providing anyone else with console/file access at this point due to the past, and due to the fact that many people would likely abuse this access if they were given it.

Anyway, that's the jist of it. Please don't take anything I say personal, I'm just trying to tell you what my point of view is. None of it is meant to take away from your thoughts/feelings about the server, I just felt like there needed to be a response. Again, if anybody has an idea or a suggestion on how to make RC better, you can PM me or use the forum/discord sections to post it. Just do not expect us to give you full access and allow you to have full control over a section of RC.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Obi

Obi Admin
    Admin

The HQ config are not high quality, The developer is not that experienced either unless you're talking about what's our there for the public. I know the developer, I worked with him personally.
    And I'm sorry if it sounds rude, But a network I work for has the same exact servers and to be honest, Not major edits were made besides on survival.
    And you really don't have to give anyone access to anything, all the big networks I worked with have a test server or they let their developers work on localhosts
    But I guess for know it'd be a good idea to start replacing the builds at least, Amazing builders play on the server and are ready to contribute.

And for Proxorr, Uhm last time we talked we were friends, But last time I offered help he said he doesn't trust me to accept any help from me, There is nothing personal and I didn't call him dumb lol
    Also he was bullying few players, It was a bit disturbing for me I can tell you the story in PMs if you want.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chief_Sunboyz

Chief_Sunboyz New Member

Chief_Sunboyz
    They use HQ configs? rofl

• Like Like x 1
  9. Call911

Call911 Owner
    Owner Developer

HowAreU
    It's not too bad for something that anyone can get his hands on

• Like Like x 1